Balkans Policy Research Group
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Title: SENIOR RESEARCHER(S)
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina – Kosovo
Reporting to: Project Coordinator and Executive Director
Balkans Group is seeking one or more Senior Researchers to work on projects and ensure their implementation, conduct research, collect and analyze data, and write edit, and review papers, reports, and articles.
Based on Prishtina, the Senior Researcher(s) will conduct and lead desk and field research, and ensure the effective implementation and coordination of the project’s components. The Senior Researcher(s) are required to have knowledge of regional cooperation, EU and international agendas, key issues in Kosovo and Western Balkans countries, and other related topics. With their research and data analyses, they must seek to influence policy change and promote advocacy.
- Research topics and take a lead on the development, implementation, and completion of topics and agendas on regional cooperation and related initiatives, EU and other international agendas, EU integration, foreign policy, Kosovo’s and Western Balkans countries’ key issues and policies, and other topics as per the Balkans Group’s policy agenda.
- Develop and conduct high-quality analyses under the scope of the project.
- Write, edit, and review papers, articles, and reports for publication.
- Develop new policy/analytical insights and methodologies
- Evaluate data and information and develop appropriate conclusions
- Develop policy recommendations based on research
- Support the efficient implementation of project activities and ensure the achievement of output goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Effectively organize and coordinate research activities and writing within the project’s components.
- Identify the best ways and impactful policy actions to enhance the impact of Balkans Group’s publications and activities.
- Perform all administrative matters related to the fulfillment of the tasks and related to the project overall.
- Produce new ideas for publications and analyses to meet the Balkans Group’s objectives.
- Follow all organizational policies and best research practices.
- Report to the Project Coordinator and Executive Director.
- An advanced degree in one of the following fields: international relations and politics, social sciences, EU foreign policy, and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of key issues in Kosovo, the region, and EU/International-related issues.
- An understanding of the issues and policies of the Western Balkans countries, including regional cooperation.
- Proven research skills and a strong understanding of different research methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to formulate well-targeted project ideas and activities.
- Strong managerial capabilities and a demonstrated record of successful management of multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Albanian.
- Ability to plan and work within the agreed timeframes.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to deal efficiently with multi-tasks and agendas.
The recruitment process will consist of three stages:
1.Submission of application:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- CV (in English) containing contact details of three references
- Two writing samples (one in English, one in Albanian)
2. First interview
3. Second interview
Applicants who do not meet the requirements and criteria for application will not be considered for the second stage of recruitment.
The closing date for applications is 24 February 2023. Full applications with “Senior Researcher” in the email subject should be emailed to [email protected]
Balkans Policy Research Group – BPRG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics