International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title: Programme Manager
- Duty Station : Pristina, Kosovo
- Classification : NOA
- Type of Appointment: Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: September 16, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the management and implementation of EU – Return and Reintegration in Kosovo project, phase V (RRKV).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Organize, supervise, monitor and analyze the overall management and administration of the project, as well as ensure meeting of timely project delivery obligations, in line with IOM procedures and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper planning and co-ordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of RRK project activities, as well as provide guidance and support to building the capacities of partners Ministry of Communities and Returns (MCR) and the Municipal Offices of Communities and Returns (MOCR) as well as ensuring the timely distribution of resources for proper implementation of all activities
- Supervise the RRK staff and the overall work, including overseeing their wider activities throughout Kosovo as well as consultants and contractors recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
- Assist in managing resource deployment, activation, implementation, reporting and evaluation of the project.
- Contribute to building IOM internal-relevant institutional capacity as well as appropriately strengthening institutional relations with counterparts within the local authorities, the donor and international and local communities.
- Monitor program developments in the programme offices in Prishtinë/Pristina, Gjilan/Gnjilane, and Peja/Pec to ensure the programme’s compliance with the Grant Agreement signed with the donor;
- Liaise and cooperate with donor, as well as with UNHCR, UNMIK, EULEX, regional, national and international authorities, non-governmental organizations, service providers and other entities involved in return and reintegration activities to meet project objectives.
- Maintain sound working relations on all operational aspects of the project especially with the MCR and MOCR of the targeted municipalities.
- Undertake regular field assessments visits to give oversight on all RRK activities and duty travel as required.
- Identify new project possibilities in the region, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy; in coordination with the Kosovo and Regional Programme Development Office. Coordinate Project staff as to emerging opportunities and projects consistency.
- Ensure and maximize inter-programmatic coordination between RRK and other projects currently implemented by IOM, especially other EU funded projects, as well as coordinating with initiatives in the region especially in the field of return and reintegration.
- Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities. Co-ordinate RRK relevant public events (roundtable sessions, seminars, etc.) throughout Kosovo and liaise with relevant mass media.
- Prepare programme narrative and progress reports for purposes of reporting to the donor on implementation and progress and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the programme.
- Brief the Chief of Mission on a regular basis and seek advice on policy or other implementing issues as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder project and project funded by the EU.
- Proven experience in liaising with government structures/authorities as well as National and International Organizations;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different multi- ethnic and racial backgrounds is essential;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with emphasis on ability to communicate and relate to a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong teamwork, ability to work under supervision;
- Knowledge in preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Drivers’ license (B class) with 5 years practical experience required;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Fluency in English, Albanian and Serbian (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Managerial competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and
- Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 16 September 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2020/20036427 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 02.09.2020 to 16.09.2020