Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Section the incumbent provides programmatic assistance and language services in support of programmatic activities to the counterparts of the section, including the Assembly of Kosovo, independent institutions, and government institutions, including Electoral Management Bodies, the Programme Assistant will be tasked with:
- Searching for information and background documentation required by the supervisor(s), as requested; drafting reports and correspondence in English or Albanian on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s) and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; preparing summaries of relevant meetings, documents; liaising with section project management staff and staff in DAS;
- Reviewing and analysing documents and providing substantive, relevant comments to the Chief of Section, and other relevant colleagues in the section. The incumbent will be providing support to the counterparts, performing process analysis, quantitative and qualitative assessment of organizational structures, regulatory frameworks, identifying gaps and entry points for optimization, and formulating recommendations;
- Assisting in the preparation of implementation and monitoring of project activities through progress reports and evaluation, following the progress of activities, deadlines, and milestones; attending meetings and taking the minutes; conducting workshops, providing inputs to trainings, carrying out surveys, analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Interpreting (consecutively and simultaneously) for the supervisor(s) and other Section colleagues from English into Albanian and Serbian and vice versa; Translating texts and documents of various kinds (reports and legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions, incoming and outgoing both official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the supervisor(s);
- Accompanying the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc; Preparing minutes and reports on those events, as requested.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration, project management or languages
- Minimum four years of project management experience with practical experience in translation/interpretation, preferably in an international setting
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,069.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE’s online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected] In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.