Local Expert to Support the Committee on Human Rights
OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Local Expert to Support the Committee on Human Rights, Gender Equality, Missing Persons and Petitions on the Management and Administration of Petitions
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02263
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 3 June 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 17 June 2020 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Under its Project “Cultivating a Human-Centred Approach to Developing Networks of Governance Effectiveness (CHANGE) II”, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Governance Section (GS) aims to support the Assembly of Kosovo’s Committee on Human Rights, Gender Equality, Missing Persons and Petitions to manage the process of handling of petitions. The existing Committee support staff has been overwhelmed with the work relating to the process of reviewing the petitions submitted by one or more residents. In 2019, the Mission supported committee with the administrative assistant for two months. The dissolution of the Assembly, which occurred in August, interrupted the planned continuation of support until the end of the last year. For this reason, the Mission will continue this year to provide the committee with a much-needed assistance in this field.
The Committee on Human Rights, Gender Equality, Missing Persons and Petitions require the services of an administrative assistant to provide assist and support to the committee on the management and administration of petitions.
The duration of consultancy is ten (10) working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer, the local expert will be responsible for provision of administrative and technical support to committee in the field of petitions. The tasks of the consultant will be to:
- Provide administrative assistance to committee members to better manage the process of reviewing the petitions
- Support the Chairperson to assess the efficiency of current administrative procedures, including statistics on petitions during the current legislative
- Assess the level of implementation of the OSCE-supported template for submission of petitions
- Support the Committee in implementing parliamentary activities through regular proceedings and mechanisms
- Actively support Committee members in their daily work.
One monthly report outlining administrative assistance provided to the Committee.
- Effective and efficient communication with all the relevant MPs
- The OSCE project manager will confirm the quality of the monthly and the final report submitted by the legal advisor
- Flexible on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration which may derive from the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Governance Section through his/her assignment
- Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen with this TORs.
- A First-level university degree is an asset
- At least three years of relevant experience, preferably in the Assembly of Kosovo or Government’s institutions
- Interest and basic knowledge of community and human rights issues
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities
- Ability to cooperate with team members and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously;
- Fluent in Albanian and Serbian/Bosnian. Working knowledge of English is an asset.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE’s online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected]. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply.Apliko këtu