Local Expert on Political Party Financing
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 05-Nov-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 16-Nov-2020
Duration of Initial Contract : 16 November 2020 – 28 February 2021 (30 working days during this period)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 16 November 2020 – 28 February 2021 (30 working days during this period)
The project Support to Anti-Corruption Efforts in Kosovo (SAEK III) is expected to have a positive impact on reducing the level of corruption in Kosovo by strengthening monitoring and oversight mechanisms of institutions to perform in an efficient, transparent, accountable, and gender sensitive manner.
One of the core activities of the project is providing technical expertise in the legislative drafting and policy making of anti-corruption initiatives. In this regard, in 2018 – 2020 the project has supported the Office of the Prime Minister in the drafting of the Draft Law for Financing of Political Parties. The Draft Law has been submitted by the Government to the Assembly for final adoption. The expert will be tasked to promote and advocate for the approval of the Draft Law on the Financing of Political Entities as approved by the Kosovo government Decision No. 02/26, dated 21 August 2020 and in line with the Venice Commission Opinion No. 922/2018.
Objectives of Assignment
To facilitate the adoption of the Draft Law on Financing of Political Entities through advocating parliamentary political parties on the importance of approving the existing text.
Duties and Responsibilities
The local expert, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager will deliver the following:
- Develop a briefing containing the key arguments in support of the existing text of the Draft Law;
- Propose advocacy approaches to the project for the purpose of the approval of the existing text of the Draft Law;
- Take part in meetings and present arguments (in support of the existing text of the Draft Law) to political party representatives as well as to parliamentary groups in the Assembly of Kosovo;
- Attend (for monitoring purposes) the meetings of the Assembly working group to be established in charge of leading proceedings for the approval of the Draft Law;
- Coordinate actions and positions with civil society organizations, think-tanks and other stakeholders for purposes of the assignment.
- Briefing paper with key arguments in support of the existing text of the Draft Law (3 working days)
- Document setting the advocacy approaches to the project for the purpose of the approval of the existing text of the Draft Law (7 working days)
- Reports from organized round tables and meetings to streamline actions and positions with civil society organizations, think-tanks and other stakeholders for the purposes of the assignment (10 working days)
- Reports from the monitoring of meetings in the Assembly of Kosovo (10 working days)
Scope of price proposal and schedule of payments
- Financial proposals must indicate professional daily fee, including total amount for whole duration of the assignment.
- Payment will be made upon submission of a certificate of payment and IC timesheet indicating the worked days and will be cleared for the payment by the UNDP supervisor.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are required to be submitted:
- Updated P11/ CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three professional references.
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment
- Financial Proposal that indicates professional daily fee including total amount for whole duration of the assignment (lump sum amount)
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport or National ID
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Combined scoring method – where the qualifications will be weighted a maximum of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a maximum of 30%.
Technical criteria weight: 70 (70% of total obtainable scores). Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 (70%) points on technical/interview part will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Financial criteria weight: 30 (30% of total obtainable scores).
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
Responsive / compliant / acceptable; and
Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative in addressing problems encountered.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment; supports effective and efficient team work.
- Result oriented and constructive attitude.
- Analytical and strategic thinking / results oriented;
- Ability to design and manage coordination processes, including with multiple stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply them consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in law, political science or other related social sciences;
- At least 10 years of experience in political affairs and developments in Kosovo;
- Previous networking and stakeholder relations with political parties’;
- Demonstrated experience in drafting analytical reports;
- Demonstrated experience on working with political parties on political party financing;
- Previous experience in Europe or the region desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages.
- Click on the “Apply now” button;
- Input your information in the appropriate sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; you can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume;
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.