Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, programmes “Centres for Migration and Development” (ZME) and “Shaping Development-Oriented Migration” (MEG) are seeking to fill the position of:
Junior Crisis, Conflict and Disaster Advisor
(Junior Migration and Diaspora Advisor)
The overall purpose of the post
The global programmes “Centres for Migration and Development” (ZME) and “Shaping Development-Oriented Migration” (MEG) are implemented by GIZ on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
ZME supports the partner structures to provide target group-specific and sustainable support for regular labour and educational migration, voluntary return and sustainable reintegration, as well as regional migration.
MEG assists partner countries in leveraging the benefits of regular migration and engaging the diaspora for sustainable development with the main aim that key actors in partner countries are supported to make gender-responsive contributions towards the implementation of the Global Compact for Migration (GCM).
The Junior Advisor will be in charge of providing administrative, technical and organisational support to the project team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Junior Advisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the documentation, reporting and invoicing of activities,
- Conducting research, information gathering, and preparation of summaries to help team members develop terms of references (ToR) and prepare analysis,
- Supporting team members in correspondence with partner institutions, including diaspora, Civil Society Organisations (CSO) and other organizations,
- Supporting the effective management of project activities by optimizing processes and workflows, and maintaining a system of regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting,
- Supporting the advisors and management team with technical expertise related to the scope of work of institutional partners and CSOs with a focus on topics such as reintegration, migration and diaspora cooperation,
- Supporting with additional tasks and assignments upon request and approval from the DV, Programme Component Manager (PCM) and advisors.
Project implementation support
- Support the team members in organisation and coordination of internal and external meetings,
- Support the team members in developing effective communication and working relationships with Public Institutions, CSOs, consultants and other stakeholders,
- Support facilitating and documenting workshops and meetings at all levels, including, reporting and invoicing of activities,
- Support organizing and participating in meetings and workshops organised by respective programmes,
- Support the team members in conducting research and gathering information for the development of the Terms of Reference (ToR),
- Support the monitoring of activities towards the achievement of indicators, including data collection, data analysis, and report writing,
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the sustainability of the programme’s results, as well as effects, impact and risks of the programme including ex-post evaluation, as well as the assumption of further tasks that have yet to be defined in coordination with the Programme Component Manager (PCM), advisors of both programmes and the DV.
Networking, coordination and communication
- Engage proactively and facilitate communication with and amongst relevant institutional partners as well as within GIZ,
- Assist in the PR and communication efforts of the project while ensuring communication quality across all pertinent channels,
- Provide technical support for the compilation and review of content used in social media posts, information sharing, and other marketing materials intended to communicate the project activities and/or services,
- Maintain records of marketing and promotional materials, and archive photos and videos representing project events or activities.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- A university degree in social science, law, economics, or any other related field.
- Two (2) years of working experience in a related field.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies/computer applications (e.g.MS Office)
- Experience on development-related projects and research experience in an area related to the project’s activities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an added value.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: February 2024
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to [email protected]
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Exclusively to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflict of interest, please provide the name(s) of any individuals who are related to you or you may know that have either previously worked for or are currently employed by GIZ, to the best of your knowledge (GIZ, in this case, will act in accordance with Article 13 of the Law No. 06/L –082 on Protection of Personal Data)
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor – ZME & MEG
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 23rd of January 2024
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities, and candidates with a disability to apply.
GIZ is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process.
Declaration of Consent
You agree that your personal data will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process, only. The information will only be accessed by recruitment staff and panel members. You understand that your data will be held securely and will not be distributed to third parties. You have a right to change or access your information. You understand that your personal data will be deleted after six months when this information is no longer required for this purpose.