Human Resources and Administration Officer
Danish Refugee Council
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Human Resources and Administration Officer for the Kosovo operation.
ABOUT THE JOB
DRC has been operating in Kosovo since 1998, initially providing emergency relief and, since 2003, focussing on minority returns. Currently we work with returnees, IDPs, host communities and minority communities to promote the achievement of durable solutions and community stabilisation, as well as to address the root causes of conflict. In parallel, we support Kosovo authorities in strengthening their ability to develop and implement policies and tools aimed at ensuring the protection of our persons of concern’s rights.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer provides human resources administrative assistance and support in compliance with DRC’s and local guidelines and procedures as well as support in the overall effective and efficient assistance to the Kosovo program through coordination and cooperation with all project staff, stakeholders, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Human Resources responsibilities
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Review Human Resources processes and suggest improvements, including maintain and update national policies, and/or guidelines.
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls and ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis, in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department
- Coordinate with Programme and Finance to offer support in planning the staff costs in the project proposal writing phase
- Prepare and submit required reports on a need basis for auditing purposes
- Assist or drive recruitment processes and ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law
- Monitor changes in the local Labor Law and or other relevant laws applicable to DRC work
- Facilitate the international staff deployment and support them with visa/residence permit application
Code of Conduct Reporting Mechanism responsibilities
- Appointed as a Registrar who has a task to receive, register and document each incoming report/complaint about potentially Code of Conduct breaches and Operational Complaints
- Support in the roll out of Code of Conduct to partners and stakeholders
- Monitoring correct use of visitor log-book and implementation of reception policy
- Send top-up credit phone to all staff in monthly basis
- Organize travel arrangements for DRC staff abroad or HQ staff visiting the Program
- Assists in organizing arrangements for meetings, conferences, and other special events
- Monitoring availability of office supplies in Pristina Office and ordering as necessary in coordination with Supply Chain
- Focal point for ensuring the electronic files are up to date as per CT Admin-4 and alert the Senior Management for possible incompliance
- Participate in management meetings and project meetings as requested documenting minutes and action points
- Super User for DRC Dynamics – HR module for Kosovo operation
- Focal point to update regularly DRC Kosovo local web site
- Any other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role we expect the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in human resources and/or administration
- University Degree in social sciences or at least five years of equivalent working experience in human resources and/or administration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Native-speaking proficiency in Albanian
- Fluency in both spoken and written English (minimum ISCED B2 level)
- Experience working in civil society
- Good command of Serbian language will be an asset
- Valid driving licence
- Prior experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Moreover, all DRC staff must master the following DRC’s Core Competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
- Contract length: 12 months, including an initial three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension
- Salary: starting salary 730-euro gross amount
- Health insurance provided from a local insurance company
- Level: H Band
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC Kosovo National Salary Scale.
All applicants must upload an updated CV (no longer than four pages) and a cover letter, both in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 07/07/2020
If you face any problems with the online application process, please contact
Any other communication between applicants or perspective applicants and DRC staff, including but not limited to telephone calls, visits to DRC offices and emails, will result in the applicant being disqualified from the selection process.
Please note that, due to the number of expected applications, you will only be contacted if selected to take part in the next steps of the recruitment process. No confirmation of receipt of your application will be provided.