E-Services Development Consultant
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Recruitment for Chemonics International
E-Services Development Consultant
The USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity is a five-year initiative to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private dialogue, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK) has made progress in integrating technology in its services by introducing e-solutions for several processes, significantly reducing the burden of compliance, enhancing administrative efficiency, and improving the effectiveness and transparency of its operations. TAK’s investment in technology and e-solutions has enabled 100% electronic tax filing via the electronic tax declaration platform – ‘EDI’, making it easier for taxpayers to voluntarily declare and file taxes, for TAK to automate compliance data, and to allocate resources more effectively.
Digitalization of additional services will help TAK better allocate its human resources, further improve the quality of taxpayer services, reduce physical contacts between TAK officials and taxpayers, allow for data-driven prioritization of compliance activities, and thereby increase perception of TAK integrity and professionalism while reducing the perception of and opportunities for corruption.
Currently, the TAK IT department is committed to further digitalization of remaining forms and services. Based on this commitment, the USAID/Kosovo Economic Governance Activity is supporting TAK to determine the priorities for digitalization, including with robust private sector input. The Activity assisted TAK to inventory and evaluate current services through consultations with TAK officials, review of TAK processes, and discussions with private sector representatives.
For a successful and timely implementation of these additional e-solutions the Activity is seeking an E-Services Development Consultant to assist TAK partners to finalize the improvements.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant, working closely with long-term Activity advisors, will support the TAK IT department to:
- Develop additional features and upgrades within EDI as per existing TAK work process mapping
- Conduct user testing and debugging of developed features and proposed upgrades to EDI
- Address any issues found during the testing and debugging phases
- Cooperate with network and database administrators to ensure fully functioning data communication between EDI and other TAK systems
- Support TAK to integrate the developed features and application upgrades into EDI
The following deliverables shall be produced and delivered to the Activity, and following Activity agreement, to TAK:
- Two copies (for joint USAID and TAK ownership) of the source code for four (4) forms and two (2) additional features to EDI
- Summary Technical Documentation to ensure maintenance of the developed features independently by TAK in the future
- Education: Undergraduate degree in information technology or similar.
- Language (Required): Professional proficiency in written and spoken Albanian and English.
- Interpersonal Skills (Required): Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required): Strong individual initiative and ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight.
LEVEL OF EFFORT AND TIMING
This assignment is estimated to require up to 80 days of LOE between June 15, 2020 and January 1, 2021 based on a time schedule mutually agreed between the Consultant and the Activity Objective Lead prior to the commencement of the assignment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to email@example.com by May 28, 2020 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
 Forms: 1. Compensation Form debit/credit, 2. Application Form for registration of small corporations/individual businesses that opt for the real income taxation scheme, 3. Form for detailed declaration of Withheld Tax on Interest, Rent, Non-residents, etc. (WR form), 4. Request Form for opening new WR tax accounts.
 Additional features: 1. An inbox-type addition to the EDI online platform for direct communication with taxpayers, 2. Module for submission of financial statements and transfer pricing documentation in the EDI online platformApliko këtu