Character Values Coordinator
American School of Kosova
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Character Values Coordinator
The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time Character Values Coordinator for the next academic school year 2020-21.
If you are passionate about implementing positive discipline, we would love to meet you!
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Build a proactive program to promote Virtues of Character, with the aim of eliminating a discipline problem before it begins
- Oversee and supervise the management of student attendance and discipline records
- Establish steps and procedures to handling challenging students and standards for conduct
- Communicate to parents, teachers and staff regarding infractions of the code of conduct, academic integrity or other policies
- Assist faculty in the organization and planning of campus-wide events and programs
- Participate in the creating and implementing of the campus’s emergency evacuation and preparedness plan
- Organize academic intervention programs, including detention, suspention, study hall and lunch detention
- Mentor and council at-risk students and students in need of additional staff support
- Assist in the implementation of policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to student behavior and attendance.
- Assist teachers with behavior management plans and strategies.
- Serve as an instructional resource for intervention and equity services to support the development and growth of equitable systems and practices within the school.
- Work with student services staff in providing guidance and motivation for student success and in collaboratively developing plans for students who struggle.
- Meet with parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Perform supervision of students during unstructured times such as before and after school, during passing times and during lunch periods.
- Promotes the school spirit and values.
- Supports the students to help them become responsible citizens.
- Encourages the students to take the lead and become more autonomous.
- Organizes educational and cultural projects.
- Works closely with the health counselor to prevent addictions, reduce anxiety and stress among students.
- Manages the spaces where the students live outside the classrooms (corridors, multipurpose room, patio, lounges…)
- Organizes students’ arrival and dismissal.
- Optimizes the students’ traffic on campus.
- Collaborates with the librarians to monitor the students during free periods, enabling them to keep up learning.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or closely related field preferred.
- Training on equity, diversity and culturally responsive pedagogy, as well as a willingness to extend his or her professional development in these areas preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills when dealing with students, parents and staff
- Ability to prepare and make effective presentations promoting programs within the school
- Ability to analyze data regarding the effectiveness of programs and initiatives within the school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with administration, teachers, students, and parents.
Monday to Friday from 07:30 – 16:00.
The ideal candidate is a professional educator who strives to create an environment of learning that fosters self-discipline and enthusiasm within the classroom and throughout the school. He or she has an emotional intelligence that allows professional reflection and a high level of collaboration with colleagues. He or she is capable of communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of the community.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to:
[email protected] latest by September 10, 2020.