ADA – Administrative and Finance Officer
Austrian Development Agency
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Better Together – Combating poverty, ensuring peace and preserving the environment are the major concerns of the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of Austrian Development Cooperation. ADA currently funds projects and programmes with a total volume of more than 640 million euros to improve living conditions in developing countries.
Together with the Austrian Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs, partner countries, public institutions, civil society organisations and businesses, ADA seeks to ensure that sustainable development works to the benefit of all people in Africa, Asia, Southeast Europe and the South Caucasus. ADA staff on the ground in 25 local offices make sure that ADA operations are in line with the national development goals and the needs of the local population and that funds are put to the best possible use.
Under the European Commission’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance Programme for 2017, ADA has been delegated to implement the project “Aligning education and training with labour market needs” (ALLED Phase II)”.
The overall objective of the project is to reduce poverty through increased labour market participation and improved employability of the population. The specific objective of the project is to strengthen the quality and relevance of education and training programmes for the labour market and to support the adaptation of the legislative framework and mechanisms as a precondition for increased employability. For the implementation of this EU and ADC funded project, ADC Office Prishtina is recruiting an enthusiastic, dedicated, and experienced Finance and Administrative Officer (national).
Position: Full-time / 40 hours/week (Monday – Friday)
Tentative starting date: 01 February 2023
Expected duration: Temporary contract until 30 November 2023 with the possibility of extension
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Head of the ADC Office in Prishtina, the Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for the overall project accounting and financial reporting internally and to the EU, proper procurement/tendering of goods, works or services in the project, as well as office management and other administrative duties. Working language is English.
In close cooperation and supervision by the Project Team Leader, concretely, Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible to:
- Ensuring sound financial management of the overall project, in particular ensuring compliance of the project expenses with ADA and EU relevant budgetary and financial policies and procedures, notably with the grant agreement governing the project.
- Acting according to the Project Operating Manual and all other relevant and applicable ADA regulatory framework.
- Preparing detailed budget and expenditure reports following ADA rules and cost forecasts on a monthly basis and as requested, drafting budget and expenditure reports and financing requests for the EU.
- Ensuring compliance with local tax and financial management regulations, including maintaining relations with local tax authorities, and in particular ensuring compliance with relevant procedures for customs and tax exemption.
- Office management and operations related procurement activities and purchase orders, including financial and contractual preparations.
- Coordinating administrative staff at the project.
- Supporting project audit activities in close coordination with ADA HO finance department.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for project components in accordance with ADA procedures and EU requirements.
- Providing budget planning for operational costs of the project.
- Ensuring proper functioning of the project office and administrative management.
- Managing finances and administration of the project.
- Close cooperation and coordination with the Administration and Finance Officer of ADC Office Prishtina who has also a supervisory role concerning administrative and financial means
- Monitoring of budget and expenditures and contribution to budget revisions.
- Ensuring complete and correct preparation of contracts for services, procurement, supplies and works in full conformity with EU PRAG and ADA rules and monitor contracts implementation, including contracts closure procedures and final reporting.
- Ensuring that procurements are conducted in compliance with ADA’s Project Operational Manual (POM) as well as all other ADA regulatory framework.
- Maintaining inventory and final handing over to partners.
- Contributing to regular narrative, as well as budget and expenditure reports (ADA and EU).
- Acting as contact person for internal controls and audits.
- Preparing, recording and monitoring (costs and expenses) of all financial transactions in compliance with ADA’s financial system, as well as reports the potential risks to the Team Leader.
- Checking travel and other expense statements of staff prior to approval by supervisor.
- Conducting all daily accounting entries and cash management under the supervision of the Administration and Finance Officer ADC Office Prishtina.
- Calculating and managing cash flow on a regular basis.
- Administering the petty cash.
- Supporting the Team Leader in ensuring the timely preparation of progress and final financial reports for the Steering Board meetings and for the EU Office.
- Supporting the Team Leader in ensuring the timely preparation of financial operations needed for sound project implementation.
- Reporting on monthly basis to Team Leader and Head of Office ADC Prishtina.
- Acting in accordance with special and general conditions signed between EUOK and ADA.
- Preparing end of year annual report (financial, administration and narrative).
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration/Management/finance or other relevant field (ACCA and/or CPA qualification).
- At least five years of relevant working experience in the field of accounting / finance, administration, and procurement functions preferably in an international environment.
- Continuous professional development through courses specific to public procurement.
- Proven experience in budgeting and controlling for a large-scale donor funded project.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and auditing.
- Excellent knowledge of Kosovan accounting, tax, labour legislation requirements.
- Extensive proven experience in the procurement of goods and service contracts, preferably under EU PRAG rules; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law would be an asset.
- Experience with donors funded projects, in particular with European Union external actions.
- Good analytical writing, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English and Albanian language is essential. Knowledge of German and/or Serbian language is an added value.
- Good MS Office skills required.
- Excellent inter-personal, social and communication skills.
- Valid driving license.
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality/women’s empowerment, social inclusion and environmental protection and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
If you wish to learn and grow in an interesting and friendly working environment, to make a difference in your work, we look forward receiving your application in English language (Curriculum Vitae and Letter of Motivation) not later than 06 December 2022 24:00 at [email protected]
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.