Summer Camp Academic Coordinator
American School of Kosova
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
The ideal candidate is an outstanding teacher leader who has the ability to design and plan a curriculum that is highly engaging and relevant for students. The Academic Coordinator will work closely with the Outdoor Coordinator and Operations Department to create a unique plan that adapts to the COVID-19 environment while also supports students in a love of learning. Ideally activities will challenge students to think more deeply and across disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design an engaging and age appropriate curriculum for students ages 6-12 around units of inquiry and while making the most of the ASK campus and other summer activities that may be accessed.
- Be on campus daily from 8:15-15:30 to welcome students, parents, and teachers and make sure everything is organized for the day according to COVID-19 expectations.
- Prepare and maintain an accurate budget of all operational expenses.
- Adapt to the uncertain enrollment of students in order to maintain a small profit from the program- for example if there are only 20 students in the camp, then the outdoor coordinator and the academic coordinator will need to be the primary teacher leaders of the day.
- Coordinate with other teacher leaders in administration who will be available during the summer months and may be able to support the program- i.e librarian, learning specialist, counselors.
- On-board and supervise new teachers to the team as enrollment increases during the summer.
- Ensure a safe environment for all children by following all COVID-19 safety precautions as explained by the Head of School.
- Provide academic support and guidance to students;
- Provide all students with an exit report on the time of their departure from the program which gives them data about their child’s learning and skills developed during the program.
- Provide weekly and monthly formative feedback to each teacher of the team about their work with students and contributions to the program. You will work with the Head of School to develop this feedback form and process.
- Manage with outside agencies all details of outdoor activities (permits, scheduling, transportation, payments, etc
- Plan outdoor trips for the summer residential program as requested.
Skills and Experience Preferred candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Is enthusiastic, flexible, adaptable, has a good sense of humor and a passion for inspiring children and teachers.
- Evidence of designing and implementing a highly engaging curriculum that encourages creativity, deep thinking, hands on learning and or service learning.
- Commitment to establishing a safe, clean, and hygienic learning atmosphere.
- Experience coaching teachers or managing adults.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people, including students, parents, faculty and staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with priorities.
- Strong communication skills in English. Communication in Albanian is appreciated.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to develop student learning reports in English.
The ASK Summer Camp Academic Coordinator will be compensated 800 euros gross /month from June 29-August 14; however, they will need to spend time planning the curriculum and program with the ASK Outdoor Summer Camp Coordinator prior to the start date, in order to present a program to the Head of School for approval on June 10 or sooner.
Are you an enthusiastic and adaptable colleague we are looking for? Please send your CV and Cover letter latest by 29 May 2020 to