Strategic Communications Advisor
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Strategic Communications Advisor
Position Title: Strategic Communications Advisor (SCA)
Position Type: Cooperating Country National (Kosovo citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident)
Period of Assignment: Long-term, full-time
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (USAID KEGA), a 5-year project that started in April 2019 and will end on March, 2024, to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Strategic Communications Advisor (SCA) will coordinate closely with and support USAID KEGA technical teams to engage with private and public sector partners to identify, improve, institutionalize, and monitor information use, systems, and practices. The SCA will promote transparency of private and public sector information sources and information recipients’ understanding and use of them.
Further, the SCA will coordinate closely with project staff, USAID representatives, and partners to identify, prepare (in the case of internal materials) or support (in the case of external materials) communication materials to support USAID project messaging, including, as needed, for mission public information activities. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Partner Strategic Communications Strengthening
- In cooperation with business enabling environment (BEE) and public financial management (PFM) technical teams, identify and provide support to public and private sector partners to increase their use and effectiveness of information through both routine publication and specific activity-related messaging.
- Assist the technical component teams to identify and use existing operational information in communication to facilitate the development of improved partner management practices, develop common platforms for dialogue based on objective information, link information across activities and outcomes, and support specific information initiatives.
- Provide systematic improvement support to partners’ use of information within their organizations and for their external messaging.
- Identify, facilitate and support building sustained positive communications relationships amongst partners and relevant other parties, including organizational member, staff within partners, external media, and other information outlets and organizations.
- Identify opportunities for knowledge improvements amongst partners, and information intermediaries, on specific topics that improve messaging activities.
- Maintain the project inventory and archive of all information materials developed by the project or supported within partners.
- In cooperation with technical component teams, and external public and private sector partners, support development of annual work plans and the MEL plan.
- Meet or exceed all quantitative project goals and performance deadlines linked to this position as articulated in the project MEL Plan and annual work plans.
- Track and report, on a continuous basis, sustained communications process reforms achieved within partners operations and practices as reflected and expected in work plans, as captured in the MEL outcome-based project metrics, and as validated through project outcome confirmation process with the MEL and Analytics Advisor.
Strategic Communications Coordination with USAID and other Projects
- Coordinate closely with USAID outreach and information staff and project technical staff to identify and provide regular information to USAID information channels and for ad hoc information requests.
- Coordinate closely with other projects and donors on common issues and activities for unified messaging and for joint events or materials.
- Support USAID KEGA staff and partners to develop success and related activities updates.
- Ensure compliance of all project materials with USAID branding/market guidelines, including for project facilitated or supported communications by partners.
- Develop, as needed, project information materials (e.g. summary information sheet, banners, letterhead, templates, event materials, etc.).
- Experience (Required) – Minimum 2 years’ experience in communications, media, or management information systems, with experience in project coordination and change-based outcomes. Experience with social media communications and development of video and other materials for social media distribution is an asset.
- Education (Required) – University degree in communications, management information systems, media, or related field.
- Language Skills (Required) – Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) and of Albanian and/or Serbian language.
- Computer Skills (Required) – Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to [email protected] by December 21, 2022, no later than 3:00 PM. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.Apliko këtu