Save The Children
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
JOB TITLE: Office Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR & Administration
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE SCOPE AND PURPOSE
To work with HR & Administration Manager, Program and Supply chain/ Procurement Staff in building the office operational capacity to plan and manage programmes resources and assets efficiently and effectively, ensuring that programmes meet their commitments and are accountable to their beneficiaries and donors.
Reports to: HR & Administration Manager
Administration duties (Effort 50 %):
- Maintains office stationary and kitchen goods by anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies and making payments
- Ensure all office building maintenance has been accomplished correctly and promptly within the established deadlines.
- Prepare payments for all office utilities according to SCI policies and procedures
- Provide photocopying, printing and scanning of documents
- Reception duties when necessary: Answer all incoming calls and handled caller’s inquiries;
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the right person
- Oversee the management of office store spaces
- Manage the distribution of the materials to the beneficiaries, when necessary.
Facility Maintenance responsibilities
- Responsible for solving or overseeing solution of electrical and plumbing problems or any other repairs needed
- Oversee and secure maintenance of all electronic equipment i.e. photocopier, fax, computers, generator, telephone switchboard and computer network system
- Maintain the office garden
- Act as Office IT focal point
- Arrange with external contractors for technical support and internet to ensure provision of Local infrastructure support (Technical issues with computers, network, file shares, printing and Internet services) as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with regional office IT team / local contractor regarding Email accounts, distribution list, and contact support, new accounts for FMS, AMS and One-net and update staff on relevant IT policies and procedures
- Collate and analyze all fleet data
- Assist in properly handling accidents and insurance claims; insurance benefits are properly negotiated to the benefits of SCI
- Assist in transport requests and complete weekly movement plan
- Ensure that vehicles have correct equipment and sufficient fuel for planned trip and are in clean condition
- Ensure that planned preventive maintenance is carried out to high standard with minimum disruption to programme activities
- Ensure that the proper vehicle documentation and procedures are carried out (vehicle registration, insurance, authorizations etc.)
- Prepare on time monthly vehicle reports and consumption allocation form
Driving duties as required:
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner.
- Provide transport to visitors and staff when necessary.
- Identify minor defects or mechanical problems, and draw attention to any part of a vehicle that requires maintenance work
Supply chain / Procurement (Effort 50%)
- Support purchasing activities and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Prepare and Dispatch Purchase Order.
- Prepare Goods Received Note, Service Completion Note, Air Waybill.
- Assist Supply Chain Coordinator in preparing Contracts/Framework Agreements
- Assist the Supply Chain Coordinator in maintaining and updating Procurement Tracker with Programme/Admin procurement.
- Preparing the monthly KPI report on Fleet for supply chain.
- Support Supply Chain Coordinator in developing the Supply chain component of the programmes emergency preparedness plan.
- Implementation of Countries Security plan in areas of supply chain responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to field offices and Supply Chain Coordinator in implementation of security plans in the aspects where supply chain is responsible i.e. vehicles, facilities, communications network and supply chain.
Supply chain, Inventory and Procurement
- Assist Programme Staff in ensuring that goods and services procured are cost effective and of standard quality
- Work closely with other team members in negotiating the best deals with suppliers
- Support Supply Chain Coordinator in organizing distribution of the materials to the beneficiaries
- Assist on maintenance of inventory and ensure proper record keeping.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Personal Safety and Security, other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school degree
- Relevant professional experience at the national or international level
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships and team building
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Driving License
BEHAVIORS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 10, 2020.