International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
- Project Name Countering the deepening of pre-existing inequalities in Kosovo through COVID-19 by assisting Kosovo’s non-majority communities and domestic violence survivors
- Position Title: Medical Doctor / Consultant
- Classification Consultancy
- Duty station: Mitrovica
- Type of Appointment Consultancy, 3 Months with possibility of extension
- Reference Code: CFCV-2020/XK0401S-MD
The United Nations (UN) COVID-19 Response and Recovery Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19 MPTF or the Fund) is a UN inter- agency finance mechanism launched by the UN Secretary-General to support low- and middle- income programme countries in overcoming the health and development crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund’s assistance targets those most vulnerable to economic hardship and social disruption.
In coordination and partnership with relevant actors at national level, the United Nations Kosovo Team is contributing to the overall objective of the COVID-19 Global Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan to halt further transmission of COVID-19, and mitigate the impact of the outbreak, including its social and economic impacts. The project “Countering the deepening of pre- existing inequalities in Kosovo” is implemented jointly by IOM. UNHCR and UN Women.
IOM’s COVID-19 Response Plan will focus on addressing both the public health and the humanitarian and development concerns presented by the ongoing global pandemic. In Kosovo, despite COVID-19 Emergency Fiscal Measures taken by the government, vulnerable non-majority communities are not able to ensure effective access to social protection. Thus, IOM focuses on covering these gaps by supporting non-majority communities to mitigate the social and economic issues risen by the pandemic as well as provide timely information on preventive measures. IOM’s intervention is focused on 12 Kosovo municipalities.
The overall objective of the assignment is to provide medical checkup and consultations for the most vulnerable members of non- majority communities which lack of access to healthcare in Mitrovica South municipality. As such the medical visits would take place at private homes or other locations suitable for identified beneficiaries.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide individual medical examination, counselling and treatment to the cases identified by IOM, through home visits, in accordance with IOM’s SOPs and guidelines in regards to COVID-19
- Advise on further adequate medical management, referral and rehabilitation, or propose further treatment if needed, as well as provide suitable prescriptions.
- Ensure confidentiality principles are highly respected;
- Prepare monthly reports presenting conducted activities in targeted municipalities, specifying locations, number of patients and medical services carried out;
- Introduce data into IOM’s database;
- Provide expert support to the project manager in any other task related to the field of
TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Consultant will be paid a monthly all-inclusive fee calculated based on the number of services performed (approx. 25 USD per medical consultation/treatment), upon delivery of the monthly report and its approval by IOM. This all-inclusive fee includes consultation fee, communication and transportation.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Doctor of Medicine, preferably with a postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and infectious diseases;
- At least 4 years of practice as general practitioner, with experience in infectious diseases;
- Strong communication and intercultural skills;
- Experience working with vulnerable groups is an advantage;
- Valid license to practice medicine within country is
- Knowledge of Albanian or Serbian language. Knowledge of both languages is a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of Romani language is an advantage.
- Valid driving license and ability to drive is required. The Consultant will be responsible for own travel
- The assignment requires travels within the targeted municipalities in both urban, rural, and remote
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 2nd of September 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/XK0401S-MD in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.