Junior Programme Assistant
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. REU also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The position is located in Pristina, Kosovo .
The Junior Programme Assistant reports to the Local Team Leader, and works in close collaboration with the REU Field Programme Officer as well as with other international and local staff and consultants located in Pristina and in REU.
The Junior Programme Assistant is expected to support FAO office management team in identifying and preparing the programming tools for future projects and activities in Kosovo. In addition, he will contribute for enabling conditions for delivering on time inputs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the collection and review of existing and new local policies, laws, frameworks, programmes and services for agriculture in Kosovo;
- Regularly update the management team on local developments related to agriculture in Kosovo;
- Support the preparation and implementation of various assessment and surveys;
- Support the liaison with resource partners and with institutional and non-institutional partners concerned with FAO Programme in Kosovo, including private sector, NGOs, academia and civil society;
- Participate in identification, formulation of project proposals and FAO contribution to the development and reporting of UN Joint Programmes (UNSDF, SERP, Joint Workplan, etc.);
- Support the preparation and running of meetings, workshops, missions and training sessions;
- Keep records and minutes for the meetings organized and attended by FAO;
- Perform any other duties as may required by local team leader.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor diploma (specialized training or education in project management and programme is an asset)
- One year of relevant experience in programme implementation and management
- Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their application not later than 17:00 PM, Wednesday 20 October 2021 at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, with the following documentation:
- Cover Letter
- Letter of References from previous similar assignments
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENTApliko këtu