Interpreter/Cultural mediator (Consultancy)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
CALL FOR APPLICATION – CONSULTANCY
- Position Title Interpreter / Cultural mediator
- Duty Station: Pristina, Vranidoll, Regional police registration centre
- Classification: Consultancy
- Type of Appointment Consultancy, 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start date: As soon as possible
- Reference Code: CFCV-2020/0701-C
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In coordination and partnership with UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders, IOM in Kosovo is implementing a regional project “Addressing Covid-19 challenges within the migrant and refugee response in the Western Balkans” aiming to protect migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and other vulnerable persons by ensuring that systems and services in place are supported, reinforced and can be quickly adapted to the measures that must be implemented in response to the covid-19 outbreak.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator successful candidate will be responsible for providing interpretation, referral and cultural mediation services.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provides interpretation/translation services from Albanian/Serbian to Arabic and vice versa for migrants and border/migration officials as well as service providers;
- Facilitates the communication among migrants, service providers and relevant agencies/institutions, located at the reception center and outside;
- Delivers assistance and protection services to migrants in a culturally sensitive way;
- Identifies needs of migrants and refers them to service providers;
- Participates in capacity and staff development activities on regular basis;
- Assists project staff with daily monitoring of works.
- Attends and organizes meetings of stakeholders in their area of responsibility;
- Prepares regular updates and weekly reports;
- Maintains and facilitates communication with other stakeholders in their area of responsibility;
- Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Agreement. Always maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor. Maintain positive working relationships within the IOM colleagues and government officials. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal
- Immediately inform the supervisors of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client services.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of Mission.
- Academic degree in Arabic/Farsi/Urdu/Pashto language, or substituted by proven work experience in the language;
- Proven experience in interpretation services and cultural mediation
- Desirable experience in providing assistance to vulnerable persons and in the provision of protection services;
- Experience in liaising with local institutions, communities and service providers;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking;
- Driving license and experience of minimum 5 years.
Fluency in Arabic, English and local language/s (oral and written). Knowledge of Farsi, Pashtu and Urdu is an advantage.
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 16 July 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/0701-C in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.07.2020 to 16.07.2020.