Deputy Chief of Party
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Chemonics International, a leading international development organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Kosovo e-Governance Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to address long-standing challenges related to poor digital service delivery and ineffective management of digital government systems by the Government of Kosovo, by clarifying institutional roles and processes, strengthening institutional capacity to deliver services, and engaging civil society and the private sector. The activity will set a direction that will accelerate the transformation into an agile digital government, which ensures that Kosovans receive high-quality, efficient, and accessible government services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Contribute to the technical leadership, management, and direction of the activity, and fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence.
- Take over the COP position at the later stage of the activity implementation and serves as a significant liaison with USAID/Kosovo, other implementing partners, other donors, and any other key stakeholders
- Contribute to the activity strategy, ensuring interventions and tools are technically sound, contextually appropriate, and innovative.
- Manage and oversee technical and operations staff.
- Maintain productive relationships with USAID, governmental institutions, and local stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration, coordination, and engagement.
- Contribute to program work planning, compliance, and operations.
- A University degree in management information systems; management informatics; computer science or related studies.
- Minimum five years of working experience in digital government or similar programming as well as experience in managing donor-funded complex activities.
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing a complex portfolio with large budgets and teams of professionals, with effective oversight of financial management and procurement functions.
- The DCOP must be familiar with the key government and non-government stakeholders and understand the dynamics and relationships among them as well as the political economy issues affecting these areas.
- They must have a proven track record in working effectively with other projects, high-level host country government counterparts, non-government, and other international partners.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational, adaptive management, communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving, with an excellent ability to lead and mentor host-country teams.
- Ensure that project deliverables are technically sound, of high quality, delivered on time, and meet specifications as set forth by the client or the COP
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government officials, private sector stakeholders, and local CSOs.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than September 22, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.