Clinical Psychologist – Albanian Speaking
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Data e publikimit
Data e perfundimit
Lloji i orarit
Orar të plotë
Duty Station: Pristina
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2020
- Project Name Countering the deepening of pre-existing inequalities in Kosovo through COVID-19 by assisting Kosovo’s non-majority communities and domestic violence survivors
- Position Title: Clinical Psychologist
- Classification Consultancy
- Duty station: Pristina
- Type of Appointment Consultancy, 3 Months with possibility of extension
- Estimated start date: 01 September 2020
- Reference Code: CFCV-2020/XK0101-CP
The United Nations (UN) COVID-19 Response and Recovery Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19 MPTF or the Fund) is a UN inter- agency finance mechanism launched by the UN Secretary-General to support low- and middle- income programme countries in overcoming the health and development crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund’s assistance targets those most vulnerable to economic hardship and social disruption.
In coordination and partnership with relevant actors at national level, the United Nations Kosovo Team is contributing to the overall objective of the COVID-19 Global Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan to halt further transmission of COVID-19, and mitigate the impact of the outbreak, including its social and economic impacts. The project “Countering the deepening of pre- existing inequalities in Kosovo through COVID-19 by assisting Kosovo’s non-majority communities and domestic violence survivors” is implemented jointly by IOM. UNHCR and UN Women.
IOM’s COVID-19 Response Plan will focus on addressing both the public health and the humanitarian and development concerns presented by the ongoing global pandemic. In Kosovo, despite COVID-19 Emergency Fiscal Measures taken by the government, vulnerable non-majority communities are not ensured effective access to social protection. Thus, IOM focuses on covering these gaps by supporting non-majority communities to mitigate the social and economic issues risen by the pandemic as well as provide timely information on preventive measures. IOM’s intervention is focused on 12 Kosovo municipalities.
The objective of the assignment is to assist International Organization for Migration (IOM) in its efforts to offer psychosocial support to members of non-majority which have been affected by ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Consultant will be paid a monthly all-inclusive fee calculated based on the number of services performed (approx. 25 USD per session), upon delivery of the monthly report and its approval by IOM. This all-inclusive fee includes consultation fee, communication and transportation.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Project Focal Point, the Consultant will work closely with IOM staff on this project to provide psychological assistance under the auspices of the project. Within that framework, he/she will:
- Provide individual or group counselling sessions to the identified beneficiaries through online communication and/or in person;
- Provide adequate talk therapies for each beneficiary according to their needs;
- If needed, advise the beneficiary for further consultations with other relevant specialists;
- Prepare monitoring assessments and reports for each served beneficiary to facilitate the production of analysis reports respecting client confidentiality;
- Deal with each case according to the highest code of ethics and in line with client and IOM’s confidentiality principles
- Provide expert support to the project manager in any other task related to the project implementation.
- University degree in Clinical Psychology or other relevant field of study;
- At least two years of work of proven experience in the provision of psychotherapy in a variety of cases;
- Working with vulnerable groups will be considered an advantage;
- Language skills: fluency in Albanian. Knowledge of Serbian language is considered a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of Romani language is considered an
- Valid driving license is a
- The assignment is homebased, with possible travel in targeted
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 2nd of September 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/XK0101-CP in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.